1. To strengthen relationship among our organizations and members that would broaden and invigorate the task of building justice and establishing peace.
2. To facilitate our collaborative process to improve the current misconception about Islam in America and about America in the Muslim world.
3. To publish and disseminate policy/documents which articulate to identify challenges and opportunity for peace building, as well as, a vision for the kind of world we desire.
4. Identifying fresh solutions about age-old conflicts in the world including those of Middle East, South Asia and others.
5. Strengthening intra faith and interfaith understanding, tolerance and respect.
6. Addressing the root causes of international terrorism and extremism and proposing peaceful and long lasting solutions to these root causes.
7. Protecting and appropriately representing the true American values and Muslim values.
8. Uniting to prevent any terrorist attack on our homeland.